Nature’s Bounty Valerian Root 450 mg – 100 capsules Herbal Supplement. Promotes Relaxation. With the stress of everyday living it is any wonder you may be bothered by occasional sleeplessness? Valerian is designed to help. Valerian works in harmony with your natural cycle to help promote relaxation. So you can leave your busy day behind and get the tranquil rest you deserve. Inspired by Mother Nature, Valerian is perfect for anyone seeking to improve their quality of rest. Nature’s Bounty’s preservative-free gelatin capsules contain pure milled herb powder. Ingredients Other Ingredient: Gelatin.
- Anxiety. There is contradictory evidence about the effectiveness of valerian for anxiety. Some people have reported that it seems to reduce stress in social situations. Yet, other studies have shown no effect.
- Depression. Some early research suggests that taking valerian plus St. John’s wort improves symptoms of depression. Taking higher doses of valerian with St. John’s wort improves depression symptoms faster than low doses.
- Restlessness. A specific combination product, providing valerian root extract 160 mg and lemon balm leaf extract 80 mg (Euvegal forte, Schwabe Pharmaceuticals), has been tried to reduce symptoms of serious restlessness (dyssomnia) in children under the age of 12. Early results show it might be effective, but more research is needed.
- Menstrual disorders (dysmenorrhea). Early research suggests that taking valerian three times daily for two menstrual cycles reduces pain and the need for other pain relievers during menstruation.
- Stress. Early research suggests that taking 600 mg of valerian for 7 days reduces blood pressure, heart rate and feelings of pressure when under stress. Other research found that taking 100 mg before speaking in front of an audience reduces feelings of anxiety. Another study found that taking a combination product containing valerian and lemon balm night lower anxiety caused by stress at low doses but increase anxiety when taken in larger doses.
- Mild tremors.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
- Muscle and joint pain.
- Stomach upset.
- Menopausal symptoms including hot flashes and anxiety.